Community Arts Administrator Position
Application Deadline: September 28, 2018, at 5pm
Start date: October 15, 2018
Salary: $20/hr for 30 hours/week
Term: Contract 24 weeks internship
MABELLEarts is a community arts organization that brings together people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities to make art and build environments that foster community regeneration, invention and connection. We cultivate long-term relationships that reveal the transformative possibilities within each unique site and neighbourhood. We celebrate cultural traditions, differences and points of connection that help spark collaboration as a creative force for change.
We are seeking an emerging Community Arts Administrator to join our team from October 15, 2018, to March 29, 2019, to coordinate all digital and written communications; assist with community communications and outreach; and support the running of the MABELLEarts office. The Community Arts Administrator will work from the MABELLEarts Office (5005 Dundas Street West) and off-site as needed.
Responsibilities of the Community Arts Administrator include:
Digital and Written Communications:
- Coordinating ongoing social media communications and creating online content, including a monthly newsletter;
- Ongoing website maintenance and assistance in creating other web-based projects;
- Graphic design of promotional, outreach and fundraising materials and assistance with grant applications and fundraising initiatives
Community Communications and Outreach:
- Assisting with participant outreach;
- Assistance with project management and coordination of workshops and events;
- Phone-calling and emailing participants in advance of all activities, statistical tracking and data-collection;
- Collecting/filing completed permission/media-release forms/other documents, assisting with on-going meetings with community leaders/volunteers
- Statistical reports, contact-management and database management
- Basic bookkeeping/coding and ordering office supplies
- Board correspondence, company communications (phone and email)
- Volunteer intake
- Maintaining a tidy office and organized studio space
Our ideal candidate will have:
- University or College degree in Arts Management or Arts Administration
- Other ideal degrees include: Bachelor of Environmental Studies with Community Arts Focus or comparable program; Bachelor degree in Theatre and Development or comparable program
- The candidate will possess a high level of computer skills: proficiency in word, excel and special consideration will be made to candidates with Quickbooks, Sumac, and/or Adobe suite proficiency.
- The candidate will demonstrate familiarity with social media networks in particular: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. A valid Ontario Drivers Licence is an asset to this position.
This position is funded by the Cultural Human Resources Council of Canada and is therefore subject to selection criteria outlined below. You are eligible if you:
- are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada (non-Canadians holding temporary work visas or awaiting permanent status are not eligible);
- are legally entitled to work in Canada;
- will be between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
- are willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment;
- will not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week) while employed with the program;
- are an unemployed or underemployed college or university graduate, that is, not employed full-time;
- are a recent graduate who has graduated from college or university within the last 24 months at the start of employment;
- will not be receiving Employment Insurance (EI) benefits while employed with the program; and
- have not previously participated in or been paid under this or any other Career Focus internship program funded under the Government of Canada's Youth Employment Strategy.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by 5 pm, September 28, 2018. We thank you for your interest in the position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
MABELLEarts encourages applications from all qualified candidates. We’re committed to developing an inclusive workplace with connections in the communities we serve. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds, including those who may need accommodation, to apply to join our team. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.