Join MABELLEarts and be a part of something special!
Job Title: Managing Director
Location: Etobicoke, Ontario
Start Date: January-February 2018
Terms: 1 year with potential for renewal
Salary: $60,000-$65,000 plus benefits.
This position offers flexibility (including ability to work partially from home or as a .8 position) for the right candidate.
MABELLEarts is driven by our love of people and fascination with neglected and forgotten places. We make art and build environments that foster community regeneration and invention. We cultivate long-term relationships that reveal the transformative possibilities within each unique site, neighbourhood and community. We celebrate cultural traditions, differences and points of connection that help spark collaboration as a creative force for change. We reframe existing social and environmental conditions to make space for new ways of being together. www.mabellearts.ca
MABELLEarts is seeking a Managing Director to provide strategic leadership and manage the operations, human resources and financial systems necessary to ensure that MABELLEarts exceeds our goals and objectives. MABELLEarts is an innovative, community-centered organization – we’re excited to welcome someone new to the team to help us through this exciting next phase of growth and adventure. This senior management position reports to the Artistic Director.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Develop and manage operational and financial systems and oversee the core day-to-day administration of MABELLEarts, including human resources and finance.
- Provide ongoing oversight, coaching and direction to core staff in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures. Offer new strategies for ongoing performance management and professional development as needed;
- Support the Artistic Director in fundraising through ongoing revenue planning, preparing proposals and managing relationships with funders, including monitoring progress on grants and work plans and preparing reports to funders;
- Develop a budget and financial plan and ensure ongoing monitoring of expenditures and revenues;
- Assist the Artistic Director in developing the organization’s annual work plan and monitoring progress, including developing measures to monitor our progress and the impact of our activities;
- Ensure MABELLEarts continues to comply with organizational policies; funder regulations and non-profit legalities.
Who we’re looking for:
You have significant fundraising experience and have successfully secured and managed large, multi-year budgets and raised funds exponential to your salary level. You have a proven track-record managing small teams and driving performance, while helping to create a supportive, positive and learning-focused work/culture. It’s possible that you’ve been working in a larger organization and are ready for a change of pace. You may be at the mid-point of your career and looking for a high-impact position with some flexibility. You may have experience in the arts, but if you don’t, you definitely understand its power. You excel in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and tend to enjoy all kinds of personalities. You bring new ideas and innovation while recognizing what works. You are self-aware, eager to learn and know you also have things to teach and share. You’re committed to equity, inclusion and social justice.
Oh, and a valid driver’s licence is an asset.
How to apply:
Please send a detailed two-page resume and one-page cover letter outlining your skills, experience and what you feel you’d bring to the MABELLEarts team. Please include phone and email contact details. Please email documents in PDF format to: email@example.com
Applications must be received by December 5th, 2017.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
MABELLEarts encourages applications from all qualified candidates. We’re committed to developing an inclusive workplace and welcome candidates with roots in the communities we serve as well as those from other equity-seeking groups. At MABELLEarts we believe that incorporating a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and ideas sparks innovation that strengthens our work.
Our office is located in a Toronto Community Housing high-rise tower that has been equipped with automated entrances and exits. Our washroom is wheelchair accessible. To discuss accommodation, please contact the Artistic Director at 416-239-4900 or by email – firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
To be considered for this position, please include a cover letter with your resume. We will be in touch with candidates who we wish to connect with for an interview and we’d rather not discuss the specifics of the position by phone. Thank you for your understanding and your interest.