Job Title: Community Arts Administrator (Intern)
Date Posted: July 4, 2017
Application Deadline: Until Position Filled
Salary: $18/hr for 30 hours/week
Term: Contract – internship – 17 weeks
MABELLEarts is a community arts organization that brings together people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities to make art, tell stories and creatively transform public spaces. We are seeking a Community Arts Administrator Intern to join our team of artists, arts professionals, architects, community leaders, builders and gardeners for an exciting hands-on internship.
The Community Arts Administrator Intern will manage and facilitate community outreach, office administration, social media, statistical tracking, workshop assistance, volunteer supervision, and other tasks as needed. The internship will take place at the Mabelle administrative offices and in the Mabelle and Broadacres Park when required.
Areas of responsibility:
Office and Administrative Tasks:
• Statistics, contact-management, data-entry, project management assistance, assistance with bookkeeping/coding, board correspondence, company communications (phone and email), and volunteer intake
• Ongoing inventories of tools and supplies
• Manage posting to website and social media outlets, including scheduling posts in advance
• Assist with administrative tasks related to grant applications, reports and fundraising initiatives
• Manage weekly calendars and deadlines
Community Outreach, Publicity and Evaluation for Workshops and Special Events:
• Phone-calling and emailing participants in advance of all activities
• Statistical tracking and data-collection on-site at events and workshops
• Producing statistical reports for use in grants, reporting and fundraising
• Input collected data into company database and compiling statistical information for distribution to funders and partners
• Collecting and filing permission and media-release forms
• Creating and disseminating posters and flyers
• Assisting with ongoing meetings with community leaders
Workshop and Event Assistance:
• Assisting with project management (logistics, planning and implementation) of events
• Assisting with setup, cleanup, and booking artists
• Tracking office/arts supplies and managing purchase of supplies as needed
• Chartering buses, booking taxis for community participants, and circulating TTC fares
Working with MABELLEYouth:
• In summer months, provide supervision, management, and mentorship to MABELLEYouth Leaders and 4 summer students, including volunteers
- A demonstrated interest in arts management and community-engaged arts
- Ability to quickly learn new terms, software and ways of thinking
- Willingness to learn from and teach others and openness to feedback
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast-paced work environment
- Excellent research, record-keeping and administrative skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Social media skills including facility with Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Literacy with Squarespace, Adobe Suite and graphic/web design skills an asset
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- Proficiency in Urdu or Somali is desirable
- Oral and/or written proficiency in Arabic a major asset
- A valid G-class driver’s license is a major asset
- Must be a recent graduate (up to 30 years old, inclusively) from college or university within 24 months of the start of employment
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
This position is for 30 hours per week and is located in Etobicoke. It is a term contract position for 17 weeks and is subject to eligibility criteria as determined by Young Canada Works.
MABELLEarts encourages applications from all qualified candidates. We’re committed to developing an inclusive workplace with connections in the communities we serve. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds, including those who may need accommodation, to apply to join our team. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Our office is located in a Toronto Community Housing high-rise tower that has been equipped with automated entrances and exits, and our washroom is wheelchair accessible.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, please email your resume with the subject “Community Arts Administrator Intern” to email@example.com.
Please include a cover letter with your resume. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Thank you for your interest in the position. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
**** POSITION FILLED *****